Software and apps
- Mathjax – mathematics tool to make maths easier to see and read
- Read&Write for Google Docs – useful for dyslexia, struggling readers and writers, and English Language Learners.
- iReadWrite is a new tool the helps iPad users read and write.
- Word prediction software can be helpful for people who struggle with writing and spelling.
- Vu-Bar – an on-screen assistant for reading text.
- Power Reader – assistive, graphical reading software.
- EdWord and EdWeb – simple, talking wordprocessor and web browser using text and symbols.
- TheSage – English dictionary and thesaurus.
Widgit Communicate: Webwide
This symbol browser is a special type of web browser. It can help people with learning or language difficulties by converting text to easily recognised symbols. This makes the content of the page easier to understand.
BrowseAloud adds speech and reading support tools to online content. The software can help people with dyslexia, learning disability, learning difficulties, mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language. The software is free to use because companies pay to have BrowseAloud on their website. Once you have installed BrowseAloud you can use it on any website that has paid to have it. BrowseAloud now has a Welsh voice that can read Welsh.